Welcome! Please sit down, make yourself comfortable, and have a brownie or three...

Friday, September 30, 2011

Agent Contests and a Call For PB Manuscripts!

Operation Awesome is having their October Mystery Agent Contest on Saturday (TOMORROW!), so keep an eye on the website—the entry spots usually fill up quickly. Acceptable categories and genres for the 2-4 line pitch will be announced tomorrow as well.


Yatopia is having an awesome pitch contest with agent Mandy Hubbard! Just leave the required info about your middle grade or young adult novel in the comments of THIS POST. Anyone who grabs her attention will win a full manuscript request! Entries close at midnight, October 5th.


Reel YA is hosting a one-line pitch contest with agents Weronika Janczuk and Sarah LaPolla! Two winners will be chosen (by random.org) to send their logline to the agents for a personal critique. Enter by Monday, October 3rd.


Picture Book Writers- Call For Manuscripts! Agent Suzie Townsend wrote THIS POST earlier in the week. If you write picture books, check it out!


19 comments:

  1. Man I've got to finish my manuscipt so that I can participate in a few contest. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, your regular contest listings are awesome. This blog is such a resource for your fellow writers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great contests! I feel so informed when I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you provide this information, Jess. Thanks. Again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good ones out there right now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's so much going on in the blogosphere these days its great to have people like you to sum it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for all the awesome contest info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! How awesome that ANYONE is looking for PB mss right now - it's been pretty dry! Thanks for the heads up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great links and opportunities, again--thanks, Jess, for keeping us in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're amazing. I don't know how you find out about all these great contests. I'll pass the word. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic, Jess. Thanks for all the information. I'll definitely be checking some of them out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool stuff going on right now! I'm totally out of the loop with pitch contests, etc. And I feel like I need to stay that way a while longer, while I regain my footing with all my projects. hehe. Maybe next year will be a different year! (Well, that kind of goes without saying I guess...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the links. I wonder if I can make the YAtopia one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome contests. Can't wait to read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the info, Jess! I know that if I need to know about a cool writing related something - you're the blogger to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete

  16. I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his
    Waspada Celana Dalam Ketat Berbahaya Bagi Kesuburan Pria

    ReplyDelete