Welcome! Please sit down, make yourself comfortable, and have a brownie or three...

Sunday, December 20, 2015

To You and Yours...




Happy Holidays!

I'm planning a post about the middle grade and YA books I've read in 2015 (and the ones I'm looking forward to in 2016~spoiler, HUGE anticipation for the newest Karen Cushman book, as she's one of my major literary crushes), but for now, I'll leave you with a few photos from my holiday season.




Stockings 'round the fake fireplace
Snowmen & elves strewn everywhere

Wassail simmering on stove
Walnuts for roasting! (much tastier than chestnuts, in my opinion)

Cookie stealing: A holiday tradition at our house

Lots of snow! I'm asking Santa for a garage this Christmas...

Getting together with family (I'm 3rd from the right)

All the beasties!
The wee beasties love playing in the snow


Hope your holidays are filled with love, happiness, and maybe a little magic!



14 comments:

  1. These are great photos. Looking forward to your post about the books you've enjoyed. Hope you have a great Christmas and a good year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! Your book is definitely one I enjoyed this year :) Hope you have a great holiday season!

      Delete
  2. I'm so eager for the new Karen Cushman book, too!
    And I'm a little jealous of your snow, while simultaneously relieved that we've had a warm December (because 300+-year-old house = huge heating bills). But what perfect weather for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm jealous of your 300+ year old house! My hubby and I love historic homes. But yes, the snow is lovely to look at and adds to the Christmas mood :) Hope you have a great holiday season!

      Delete
  3. Happy happy holidays, Jess! Love all the family pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and Happiest of Holidays to you, Andy, and your new family member, N!

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas, Jess! I've missed your blog updates :) Can you believe I've never read Karen Cushman? Must rectify. As for cookie stealing: let the tradition continue! It's one of our favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! Yes, you MUST rectify that~ Karen Cushman is just wonderful!

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas to you as well! Enjoy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You actually use the term wassail! I think it's too bad that the phrase "Here we come a-wassailing" gets "caroling" put in as a substitute. It's better to leave the older words in and then teach what they mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the place I live has an old-school yule log hunt and they serve wassail afterward :)

      Delete