**SORRY ABOUT THE SPACING ISSUES IN THIS POST**
Some contest deadlines are approaching so I thought I’d give you a little reminder mark your calendars:
NOW-November 3: Guide to Literary Agents, 7th Lucky Agent Contest~ Open to YA
November 1-30: YA Novel Discovery Contest ($15)-Open to YA
November 16, 18: Miss Snark’s First Victim Agent Auction~ Submissions for the contest will be held on two separate dates in November, one for adults (November 16) and the other for MG/YA (the 18th).
….and, for your entertainment (because my 12-year-old is contemplating a Captain Jack Sparrow costume for Halloween):
Top 10 things overheard at the dinner table that show your child is quickly becoming a pirate (courtesy of piratejokes.net):
(10) "You can flog me, but I'm not eating creamed spinach."
(9) "I've buried me treasure in the mashed potatoes."
(8) "I'll need another ration of grog if you expect me to eat these peas."
(7) "Your tuna noodle casserole would be perfect to fill cracks in the deck."
(6) "This chicken tastes like the parrot I was forced to eat after being marooned on an island for 30 days."
(5) "I wouldn't serve brussel sprouts to even the prisoners in the brig."
(4) "If I eat all my food, can I plunder the neighbors before I go to bed?"
(3) "This burger is fatty enough to grease a mast."
(2) "Too many vegetables - too little shark."
(1) "What did they do with the last cook's body after he was hung from the yardarm?"