Welcome! Please sit down, make yourself comfortable, and have a brownie or three...

Friday, August 13, 2010

Number One Thing from WriteOnCon

I'm still reeling from attending sessions of this amazing online conference...so much information, so much generosity.

If you didn't get a chance to check out the panels, live chats, and individual agents topics, please take a few minutes this weekend to click on the items that are of interest to you (go to the main website and browse from there).

SO many takeaways here, but I have to say that the number one thing I got from the past three days is:

Despite the challenging statistics in terms of getting an agent/getting published as a debut author, it DOES happen for quite a few people who don't give up

AND

the agents, editors, and publishers WANT us to succeed and are willing to help us, coach us, encourage us, be honest with us, and share their passion for what, I am quickly realizing, is the coolest industry around.

I feel very grateful and humbled to interact with you all. You inspire me, as do the fine ladies who put together WriteOnCon 2010.

Back on Tuesday :)

~Jess

2 comments: